Thursday, November 2, 2017

Book Events, Life, and Nano

*Squints at time of last post* Oops. It's been a while, hasn't it? Since March life has been a bit busy. Instead of doing individual posts, I figured I'd do a glorified info dump recap of the year thus far before I post my accomplishments (if any) and goals for next year later on.

On April 10th I went to a book signing for Adam Silvera, Rhoda Belleza, and Lexa Hillyer at Trident Books & Cafe.

It was such a fun event. There's something about authors who know each other and obviously feel comfortable with one another  that really make a great book event dynamic.

*・゜゚・*:.。. .。.:*・゜゚・*☆・*:.。. .。.:*・゜゚・*☆・*:.。. .。.:*・゜゚・*☆

Next up, June 27th Mackenzi Lee's Launch party of The Gentleman's Guide to Vice and Virtue! (Also at Trident.)



There were gumball centerpieces with fun straws, themed cocktails, and a champagne toast! Mackenzi also did a reading, and it was glorious.

*・゜゚・*:.。. .。.:*・゜゚・*☆・*:.。. .。.:*・゜゚・*☆・*:.。. .。.:*・゜゚・*☆

July and August I took a trip to Japan via Affordable Asia! It was intense in how quickly we went through so many places, and fun, and I wish I could go back and just be able to take my time. More time! I need more time!

*・゜゚・*:.。. .。.:*・゜゚・*☆・*:.。. .。.:*・゜゚・*☆・*:.。. .。.:*・゜゚・*☆

Then after that there was the Boston Teen Author Fest! This year I was a contributor, so I had helped do some behind the scene stuff, and then help with traffic control, clean up and other things that you wouldn't think to come up at a book fest :P This year there was over 500 attendees and so many incredible authors! I was so busy that I didn't take ANY pictures of my own! Oops! Hopefully they're will be some pictures posted in the future ◦°˚(´•̛ᴗ•̛`)/˚°◦


*・゜゚・*:.。. .。.:*・゜゚・*☆・*:.。. .。.:*・゜゚・*☆・*:.。. .。.:*・゜゚・*☆

On October 2nd Trident had Ryan Graudin, Sasha Alsberg, and Kendall Kulper!

They talked about weird researches they did in their writing travels and how alike their characters are to themselves. So interesting to hear about the research rabbit holes authors fall down!

*・゜゚・*:.。. .。.:*・゜゚・*☆・*:.。. .。.:*・゜゚・*☆・*:.。. .。.:*・゜゚・*☆

October 12th  was Julie Dao's Launch party for Forest of a Thousand Lanterns at Porter Square Books! And omg, did her and her family go all out! The decorations, the food, everything was fantastic!


Julie shared her publishing journey story. It was a long one, and so important. I feel like all we hear are the unicorns. The overnight success stories of books that go to auction within a week. Also, Julie's family is the cutest, most supportive ever.♥

*・゜゚・*:.。. .。.:*・゜゚・*☆・*:.。. .。.:*・゜゚・*☆・*:.。. .。.:*・゜゚・*☆

 Also in October, my school had a faculty/ staff gallery up for our new president's inauguration, so my paintings were up in a gallery! I don't do a lot of traditional media, but I'm really proud of my nebula paintings. I hope I can get more time in the future to work on more traditional pieces.

A post shared by EllieM (@byelliem) on

  Also, I bought a bookshelf! My little desk bookshelf combo was getting over crowded, and even the cool snowboard shelves the BF put up were full. I can't wait to add more pretty things to it!


*・゜゚・*:.。. .。.:*・゜゚・*☆・*:.。. .。.:*・゜゚・*☆・*:.。. .。.:*・゜゚・*☆

Lastly... IT'S NANO TIME! Again.... lol. I've tried so many times to win nano, and I've never won a single year. But this year I'm really going to try my hardest! I even bought a brand new notebook and pen for it. (And, yes, a book as well, how could I not??)

I finished a really crappy first draft of a contemporary YA that will probably never see the light of day, so it's my goal to finish this new Nautical YA by year end so I have two trash drafts to revise in 2018! Can I do it? Maybe! :D 
Are you doing Nano? Click the banner to go to my author page and add me as a buddy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment