Thursday, August 4, 2016

Writing & Life Update

I've done it! I've finally finished this round of revisions!!

 
 Oh boy. Has it really been nine months since I signed with my agent? This year has been a roller coaster. There's been so many book signings and revisions and holidays and just. Wow. I feel like I don't post enough personal posts. But then I figure that no one really cares. But then I figured it would be nice to be able to look back and see what I was up to.

Since I signed with my agent, I've gone through three major revisions. Each has taken me about three months to get through, and this most recent one was a doozy. I made a huge switch from third person point of view to first person point of view--something I wasn't comfortable in writing until I actually did it. And after I did it, I knew that this was how my book was meant to be.
I can't believe how much better I feel about my MS after everything. I thought it was good when I queried, but now it's leveled up and evolved into something I feel more and more proud of. Honestly, revisions are my favorite part of writing. But I do want this book to be the best it can be and go off into the world. *crosses fingers* I'm not sure how soon that will be, but I hope someday it will happen.

Of course Editing would be a lot easier without this brat of a cat hogging my MS!
My latest revisions I had a self-set goal to finish by July 27th (My birthday) and even though I just missed it (returned the MS on Aug 1st) I still felt good about it.

I actually would have gotten my revision in on time, but we had a impromptu trip to New York to meet up with the BF's friend who was training in DC.

We had a super fun time going to interesting places, like this Ramen Noodle Bar with a really cool artistic headboard. I love the art.

A photo posted by EllieM (@byelliem) on
And then we went to a Cat Cafe. It's not like the ones in Japan/ Korea, where the cats roam free, but it was still fun, and they had delicious sake!

A photo posted by EllieM (@byelliem) on

Now that I've turned my revisions in, I'm kind of at a stand still. I know it's good to have a break now and then, and get some reading and relaxation in. But I'm hungry for more words. I have a YA contemporary in the back of my brain that I'd like to get done... I've never written contemporary before, but something about this story needs me to tell it...

Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment